Nigerian Passport Current Price | The Cost of new and renewal of Nigeria International Passport is a question that most people ask when they are planning to travel out of the country for business, study or pleasure.
See: Visa Lottery Application Form Guide
By the end of this article, you will get an accurate information about how much you need to obtain or renew your Nigerian international Passport.
If you are looking for the Cost of new and renewal of Nigeria International Passport, cost of Nigerian passport renewal, how much is international passport in Nigeria 2017 or international passport inquiries. This article is just all you need.
How Much is The Nigerian International Passport Currently this 2023?
The cost of the Nigerian international passport for the new 64-page passport is N70,000 with a 10 year validity period and N35,000 for five years. Applicants for the new 32-page passport with a five year validity period costs N25,000 at the Nigerian immigration service office this 2020.
The NIS said the registration and the issuance of new international e-passport will begin from March 4, 2020 in Abuja. Many Nigerians have expressed dismay at the price of this travel/identification document.
Renewal of the Nigerian International Passport
If there should be any need for renewal of a passport, it would be the same amount paid for 64 pages and same amount goes for lost passport also. We often advise that you apply for a new Nigerian passport and avoid the stress attached to renew an old passport.
Documents Needed to Apply For a Nigerian Passport
Before you would register or apply for the passport, the following documents should be made available at the Immigration Office:
- Passport Application Form
- Your payment slip
- Local government state of origin
- Birth certificate document
- Driver’s license and
- Two recent passport sized photographs in white background.
Visit the Nigerian Immigration Service website to know more about the cost and application for a Nigerian International passport.
According to the Punch, the cost of new international passport by categories include:
- 32-page five-year standard passport stood at N25,000;
- 64-page five-year standard passport at N35,000;
- 64-page 10-year standard passport at N70,000
The introduction of new enhanced passport booklet and passport with a 10-year validity had various category of passports and approved fees.
The cost of 32-page five-year standard passport price is N25,000; 64-page five-year standard passport costs N35,00; 64-page 10-year standard passport price is N70,000; and 32-page five-year official passport costs N15,000.
The new passport has advantages which include passport with 10-year validity, self-tracking of application and express centers for urgent application.
Other advantages include weather friendliness, compliance with latest ICAO standard, polycarbonate technology that reduced incidence of damage as well saves Nigerians in the Diaspora time of frequent visits to Nigerian Embassies.
Passport Application Guidelines: How To Apply
1. Visit the Nigeria Immigration website
2. Find & click on the appropriate application form to begin:
- e-Passport Application Form
- MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
3. Choose a passport type “Standard e-Passport” or “Official e-Passport”, then click the ‘Start Application’ button.
4. Carefully fill the selected form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
5. Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
6. Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
7. Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
8. Select the currency type you want to use to make payment (Naira or USD):
9. If you choose to pay in Naira, you will be asked to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”.
10. If you want to go and pay at the bank, selected “Bank” and click continue.
11. View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
12. The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
13. With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal.