University Of Saskatchewan Acceptance Rate – The University of Saskatchewan is a top university in Canada. With an acceptance rate of over 90%, this university has something to offer students. However, it can be hard to get into this top university. That’s why you need to make sure that you are prepared for the admission process. Check out our guide to getting accepted at the University of Saskatchewan.
As a university, we always aim to be the best we can be. That’s why we offer a wide range of programs and courses that meet the needs of our students.
We offer an undergraduate degree in Arts, Science, Business, Engineering and Medicine. We also have a graduate degree program in Health Sciences.
Our admissions process is rigorous and selective. We only accept applications from the most qualified students.
To apply to our university, please visit our website or contact us at 1-800-Saskatoon (1-800-Saskatoon for international students).
With applications now open for the fall semester, students at the University of Saskatchewan are starting to prepare for their next step in life. With a strong acceptance rate for new students, this university is set to offer a variety of courses and opportunities for students. Today, we’re going to take a look at the University of Saskatchewan acceptance rate.
Why Study At University of Saskatchewan?
Choosing to enrol at the University of Saskatchewan is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make.
USask is a Canadian public research university, founded on March 19, 1907, and located on the east side of South Saskatchewan.
The university has numerous colleges and offers over 200 academic programs including graduate and doctoral programs.
There are numerous reasons why you should consider USask your preferred choice. Below are some of the interesting facts.
- First, USask is one of Canada’s top research universities (based on the number of Canada Research Chairs) and is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (the 15 most research-intensive universities in Canada).
- The University is home to the Canadian Light Source synchrotron, which is considered one of the largest and most innovative investments in Canadian science.
- USask has a unique campus space to support the interdisciplinary focus of study and work, including the Gordon Oakes Red Bear Student Centre, an intercultural gathering place that helps integrate Indigenous culture on campus.
- Finally, University offers safe, welcoming, and convenient undergraduate and graduates living accommodations within walking distance of many campus amenities
Next, We will take a look at the three critical numbers you should keep in your mind when considering your admissions chances. But, you may like to check out
What Is The Acceptance Rate Of The University of Saskatchewan?
You have a lot of options available when you’re choosing what to study at university. It can be overwhelming and exciting at the same time.
However, these numbers combined will tell you what scores are required to get into the University of Saskatchewan.
Acceptance Rate For Undergraduates
The University of Saskatchewan undergraduate acceptance rate is estimated to be 45%. That means, If 100 candidates apply for an undergraduate program, 45 will be selected.
Graduate acceptance rate
Just like the Undergraduate program, the USask graduate school acceptance rate is 45% and this makes the school one of Canada’s 15 leading research-intensive universities.
The school provides a highly collaborative research environment with some of the best facilities and analytical tools in the country.https://1e7067154261de562b8fa4b193c192de.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
Transfer acceptance rate
Under an articulation agreement, students who have completed at least 30 credit units of a post-secondary certificate, diploma or program with a minimum average of 60%, are eligible to transfer at least 50 percent of their courses into the College of Arts & Science at the University
International Students Acceptance Rate
Based on statistics over 3,000 international students from 130 countries have been admitted into the University of Saskatchewan.
Classes are taught in English at the University but If you don’t meet our minimum language requirements, you can still be admitted by enrolling in a Language Centre program.
Engineering Program Acceptance Rate
USask is one o the best Universities in Canada for Engineering. The acceptance rate for this program is not stated.
However, the College of Engineering offers undergraduate programs in eight different engineering disciplines. Graduate programs are also offered that lead to Masters and Doctoral degrees in engineering.
Acceptance Rate For Economics Program
The University of Saskatchewan undergraduate Economics program has an acceptance rate of 45%.
The department provides its students with solid foundations to successfully pursue advanced degrees in economics at the USask as well as in leading universities in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., and France.
Click here and apply for the Latest Canada Scholarships for Undergraduates, Masters & Ph.D. Programs
The minimum admission requirements depend on what type of student you are, the program and also on your specific situation(Whether you are a returning student, running or visiting students).
However, some programs require you to provide additional documents specific to the department to which you are applying.
Some of the requirements are;
- UC writing Supplement
- High School Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- SAT, Act, UC Maths Placement Score
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- 10th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
- 12th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
- Bachelors Transcripts and Degree
- Work Experience Documents
- Financial Documents
- Visa Forms
Average Entrance Scores
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 86
- GRE: 311
- GMAT: 587
- GRE Quantitative: 156
- GRE Verbal: 155
The U and S accept a minimum GPA of at least a 2.00.
University of Saskatchewan Rankings
Actually, when it comes to school ranking, there are many things to consider especially before the ranking is made official.
For the University of Saskatchewan, the ranking criteria usually include the tuition, acceptance and graduation rates, accreditations, student to faculty ratios and many other related factors.
- QS World University Rankings 2020 placed U and S on the 439th spot in World and 6th position in Canada.
- The Times Higher Education World rankings rank the school between 401 – 500 range.
- Maclean University Rankings 2020 (medical) ranks it 15th in Canada.
- The university is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities.
- The National Post and Financial Post “Top 500” ranking of Universities places the U of S 13th of the top 20 Canadian Universities with a population of 15,397 and revenue of $566,596,000.
What Is The University of Saskatchewan Tuition?
University of Saskatchewan and fees are usually set by the University and are subject to change.
However, estimating the cost of the University of Saskatchewan tuition for students usually varies from student to student and depends on the program of study and lifestyle preferences.
The annual total cost to attend the University of Saskatchewan is 7,644 CAD (Canadian student) and 17,504 CAD ( International student) for undergraduate on-campus cost.
Jobs After Studying At University Of Saskatchewan
USasks provides job opportunities to its students. The beneficiaries of these employment offers are mostly students in the discipline of accounting, finance, management, marketing, medicine, international management, human resources management, and Management Information Systems.
It also opens up the option of abroad settlement of the candidates. The courses are job-oriented, and the university focuses on practical learning.
The university also offers courses that are job-oriented, and the students are given hands-on practical experience from the start.
The university has an impressive network of industry partners that enables the graduates to find a suitable job soon after graduation.
In addition, the school also teaches the students to make their own CV, tell them how to groom and work on them for interview skills and Public Speaking.
Who Are The Notable University of Saskatchewan Alumni?
University of Saskatchewan has prominent alumni base graduates which include Sports Figures, Ministers, CEOs, and more.
These people have gone on to make significant contributions in politics and within the business world.
Below is the list of some distinguished University of Saskatchewan alumni arranged in no particular order.
- Marilyn Atkinson, founder, and president of Erickson Coaching International.
- Michael Byers, a political scientist at the University of British Columbia and federal NDP candidate in the Vancouver Centre riding.
- Alastair G. W. Cameron, an astrophysicist who studied the origin of the chemical elements and the origin of the moon.
- Jonathan Denis, Alberta MLA and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (LLB, 2000).
- John Diefenbaker, 13th Prime Minister of Canada.
The University of Saskatchewan is one of the best universities in Canada.
In fact, the school draws the world’s brightest students, faculty and distinguished visitors from all around the world.
So, if you want to enrol in this Prestigious University, ensure you make an impressive GPA, and also hit a satisfactory SAT score, ILETS, and many others.
In addition, you must also maintain a good criminal report and be of good behaviour.
Congratulations on making it to the University of Saskatchewan! Our admissions process is rigorous, and we are happy to have you as a student. However, there are some important things you should know before applying.
First and foremost, we require a letter of recommendation. Second, we ask for your three-year average GPA. Third, we require a minimum 2.5 grade point average in all your courses. Finally, we require a strong academic record with no withdrawing or suspension requests in any of your courses.